As Saxion University of Applied Sciences, students get ready for a smart world and the University of Twente focuses on high tech with a human touch. At ArtEZ University of the Arts, students are prepared for the professional world at the Academy of Music (conservatory) or the Academy for Art & Design (AKI). At all institutions, you will find courses offered in English and in Dutch, with students from all over the world.
Did you know?
- Enschede is the biggest student city of Eastern Netherlands?
- Enschede offers more than 100 culture, student, sport and study associations, counting over 4.200 members?
- Enschede has its own beer brand since 1615, Grolsch?
- in Enschede, over 60 events are organised per year, in all varations. A lot of events are free to visit!
- Enschede holds the Batavierenrace (the biggest student relay-race in the world) followed by the biggest after party in the Benelux?
- Right at the Oude Markt, the most cozy square in the East, there are 15 pubs?
- Most clubs and cafes are opened until 04:00 am and on Saturdays until 05:00 am?
- Thursday is the real student party night?
- The university campus is one of the oldest of the Netherlands? Next to living on campus, there is a lot more to discover!
- ArtEZ is named after the locations of the university: Arnhem, Enschede and Zwolle?